The Family History Society of Newfoundland and Labrador depends on volunteers like yourself to function. Your involvement with the FHSNL can be intensive or casual; even long-distance volunteering is possible – we are always looking for help with data entry and resource indexing. Local volunteers could also consider helping with fundraising, community outreach, and office management. If you are interested in volunteering with the Society, please feel free to contact us.
Features on our Website:
- New on our website: a searchable Vital Stats Pre-1892 Births Database for which we are seeking members to help enter data into.
- A "beta test" version of a web-based tool to enable members to Search the FHSNL Headstone Database.
- Slides and audio recordings from several of our past lectures.
- An interactive forum where we invite both members and non-members to post genealogical queries, etc.
- All back issues of The Newfoundland Ancestor have been digitised and put on our website for our members. For non-members we have made available a sample issue that can be freely downloaded and read.