FHSNL members enjoy online access to the society's quarterly journal The Newfoundland Ancestor. This journal includes articles and charts submitted by members, excerpts from old records, voters lists, court records, Newfoundland strays, book reviews and other information of interest to researchers. The Research Interest column provides members with an outlet to publish their own research interest queries, free of charge. This feature also provides members with an opportunity to communicate with each other and share research information.
The FHSNL website has several additional features that are only accessible by members, such as:
- Digitised back issues of The Newfoundland Ancestor
- Audio recordings of FHSNL lectures
- Searching the FHSNL Vital Stats Pre-1892 Births Database
- Searching the FHSNL Headstone Database
- Digitised copies of our collection of cemetery transcriptions
Membership in the Family History Society of Newfoundland and Labrador is open to all individuals, groups, or institutions regardless of their location.
To join the society or renew a previous membership, please visit our Join / Renew webpage.